Test Automation Engineer
Payconiq is a payment company featuring our mobile payments platform which enables partners & merchants to connect via our API’s and consumers via the Payconiq app(s). We facilitate payments via QR code in shops, online, on invoices, and peer to peer. We are steadily growing a strong presence in the BENELUX area and we have a rich roadmap to conquer Europe.
We have 95 people with 40 nationalities on the team and we work together on a daily basis to transform the world of payments. In fact, it is our mission to become the most wanted mobile payment connection in all of Europe.
We stand for making bold decisions to enhance user experience, being human as that is the real core of our business, doing things simply as life is already complicated enough, keeping it playful, and always staying honest.
As a QA Engineer within Payconiq, you will:
- You deal with test automation and exploratory testing.
- Implement API automated tests using RestAssured in java or Kotlin (knowledge about Cucumber / Postman is a plus)
- You ensure that team members can test, you take the role to coach more.
- You use your broad knowledge in your work. You can do more than just testing like improving the process and propose one where there is none.
- Find ways to prevent bugs or spot, analyze and report it
- Ensure high-quality software is delivered in each release
- Good communication skill
- Pair with the developers in your team (pair testing)
- Ability to querying Mongo databases
- Participation in scrum processes
- Ability to see the bigger picture and connect dots where necessary
- Generally being a nice person to work with and having a positive mindset
- 4+ years of experience designing and creating Automated Tests
- Solid understanding about restful APIs inner workings
- Good experience designing and developing API automated tests (in Java, Kotlin, postman)
- Good communication skills
- Solid experience with application (API/ Integration/ Unit) automation tools like CI/CD (gitlab preferable but not advantage), RestAssured, Cucumber
- Solid Exploratory (discovery, investigation, and learning) test mindset
- You are not afraid to ask question, share knowledge or expertise
- You are a T-shaped person (your ability to spread your knowledge across while your test craft shines)
- Good understanding of security topics like JWT, JWS, HTTPS is a plus
- Experience in testing microservices
- Daily fresh fruit, tostis, coffee and tea
- Training budget
- Pool, Nintendo Switch, nerf gun battles, ping pong, foosball, Dutch lessons
- Weekly Friday borrel
- Regular company events throughout the year; annual summer boat party, hackathon and holiday party
- Check out our culture video and our summer boat event to learn more about our culture
Ready to apply? Let’s start the conversation!