Technical Support Engineer
Payconiq is a fintech that is currently growing a strong presence in the BENELUX region with big goals to expand across Europe. We have 95 people on the team from 40 countries who work together on a daily basis to become a trusted partner and lead in smart processing and payment solutions across Europe.
We are currently on the lookout for a Technical Support Engineer who will work closely with development and support teams to enable them to work at their peak proficiency.
- Monitor our infrastructure and resolve incidents and problems (together with your team)
- Help and assist your colleagues with all kinds of IT problems
- Work on projects to improve our infrastructure, enhance our internal and external services and develop tools to work more efficiently
- Ensure reliability by automation
- Spot issues before they cause problems and implement solutions.
What we expect from a Technical Support Engineer:
You need to have a strong affinity with modern cloud technologies. Your first thought when performing a task must be 'how can i automate this?'. You have a clear understanding of REST API's, CI/CD, Infrastructure as a Code. You've worked with Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes. You worked with both SQL and NoSQL databases and understand the difference between them. You have handson experience with Linux, MacOS and Windows(10) and with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins. Also Cloud services Like AWS and Azure have no secrets for you. You know how to work with ticketing systems like Jira.
Next to the technical knowledge, you are also a 'people' person. You are a team player with your peers, yet you also understand not everyone will have the same grasp on IT as you, and you have the patience to help everyone in the company.
How we work at Payconiq:
- We try our best to exhibit the following people values: transparency, collaboration, ownership, adaptability to change, and excellence.
- Ever-evolving; we’re always raising the bar higher than it was yesterday.
- Approachable, kind, smart people in all departments.
- Open to new ideas and cutting-edge tech, and of course, Hackathons.
- Agile methodologies.
- Cross-functional teams.
- Spotify model; squads, chapters, guilds, and leads galore.
The ideal candidate has:
Bachelor or Master Degree in Software Engineering or similar
- 2+ years of experience with Azure active directory & office 365
- 2+ years of experience as a sysadmin/system engineer
- An analytical brain
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Next to that, you are:
- Passionate about IT operations and software development
Someone that doesn't shy away from a challenge and works well under pressure
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Proactive, helpful, and patient
- Always curious about new technologies
- Someone that takes responsibility and pride in their work
- Willing to participate in on-call rotation during off-hours and weekends
Nice to haves:
- Development skills
- AWS certifications
- A good salary
- Remote working
- Training budget (5% of your salary in addition)
- Laptop + tools to do your job well
- Free fruit, sandwiches, coffee and tea at the office
- Regular company events and (virtual) borrels throughout the year; (remote) hackathons as well as bowling, boat parties, holiday parties, etc.
Interested? We are looking forward to learning about you and your ambitions!