Senior Software Engineer
Payconiq is a payment company that is currently growing a strong presence in the BENELUX region with big goals to expand across Europe.
We are on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer - Java who loves delivering quality software, thrives in an agile development team, and has a strong desire to bring real value to customers. We expect you to have at least 6 years of experience and (ideally) experience with design and architecture.
We’re a 90 person fintech scaleup with 40 nationalities who works together on a daily basis to become a trusted partner and lead in smart processing and payment solutions across Europe.
How we work at Payconiq:
- We try our best to exhibit the following people values: transparency, collaboration, ownership, adaptability to change, and excellence.
- Ever-evolving; we’re always raising the bar higher than it was yesterday.
Approachable, kind, smart people in all departments.
- Open to new ideas and cutting-edge tech, and of course, Hackathons.
- We love training and you get to choose how you will spend your 5% training budget; which is in addition to your salary.
Cross-functional teams; product owners, scrum masters, and QA's on every team.
Spotify model; squads, chapters, guilds, and leads galore.
We expect a Senior Software Engineer at Payconiq to have a solid understanding of the following:
- Java, Spring Frameworks, and NoSQL. Nice to have: Kotlin.
- Microservices, REST APIs and event sourcing, and a fairly decent understanding of CI/CD, AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- You write modular, scalable, and reusable code, and you are sure your code is of high quality because you love TDD & BDD.
From what you have read so far, we hope you think Payconiq sounds like a nice place to work. So, if you believe yourself to be a positive-minded person who works well in a team, please apply, and let’s get the conversation started.
What the process will look like from here:
- Video call with Charlotte from the People Team
- Technical assignment
- Technical interview with your Chapter Lead
- Final interview with Travis, the Head of Development
- Free fruit, tostis, coffee and tea
- Macbook pro + tools to do your job well
- Pool, Nintendo Switch, nerf gun battles, table tennis, foosball and pick-up football games
- Friday drinks and snacks
- Summer boat party, end of the year holiday party, hackathons, and more
+ Check out our videos on the career page to get to know our culture
Looking forward to learning about your experience!