Senior Backend QA Automation Engineer
Payconiq is shaping
the future of payment by creating a modular, API based technology platform that
can seamlessly integrate within the European payment ecosystem. Our 140-person
team of over 40 different nationalities is rapidly expanding as we set out
to become a trusted lead in smart processing and payment solutions across
collaboration, ownership, adaptability to change, and achieving excellence.
That's how we roll at Payconiq. We make sure we're ever-evolving: always
raising the bar higher than it was yesterday!
To help us
achieve our ambitious goals we are now looking for an experienced Senior
Backend QA Automation Engineer to join our international team of
open-minded, ambitious and fun colleagues. Do you like what we do and what
we stand for? Do you want to grow with us and add real value? Join us today!
Being a Senior
Backend QA Automation Engineer at Payconiq means you play a key role
within our Money Management feature team. Within this team you will be responsible
for ensuring our connection gateways with third parties (e.g. our communications
with banks) remain of the highest quality. You will take the lead in
setting up the full test architecture, write test cases and build automated
API and Microservice test scripts. On a day-to-day basis you will take the
lead in guarding the quality of the features your team is working on. You will
also be working very closely with our backend developers to create and review
As a Senior Backend QA Automation Engineer you’re able to bring:
- A self-starter mentality, being able to take the lead on backend automation testing and finding ways to further improve our efforts.
- Extensive knowledge of testing methodologies and best practices in the industry.
Responsibility for our product quality and the entire testing process within your team.
- An analytical mindset with an intrinsic sense of curiosity; being able to see the bigger picture and wanting to understand how things are working at all levels of the system.
Good communication skills; high proficiency in English and the ability to clearly and concretely express yourself.
- Your honesty opinion and an ability to provide constructive feedback to others.
Positivity and a ‘can-do’ attitude; always looking for ways to create a welcoming environment for colleagues and never shy to take action where needed.
- A critical view; always looking for ways to further improve your own and our teams efforts.
- A desire to share knowledge and the ability to act as a mentor to others.
In addition, you’re able to bring the following technical expertise:
3+ years of experience in developing automated API tests and frameworks using Java and Kotlin.
- Testing experience and knowledge of REST API principles
and internal structure.
- Solid experience with test automation tools and frameworks such as RestAssured, Cucumber, Junit, Postman and others.
- Hands-on experience with Git, CI/CD systems.
- Efficient working in a Scrum team and collaboration with the other teams across Payconiq.
- Solid understanding of security topics such as JWT, JWS, HTTPS (considered as an advantage).
- Experience in the financial/payments domain (considered as an advantage).
If you like what you’ve read, feel free to apply and get the conversation started.
Not sold just yet? Have a peek at some of our perks
25 vacation days per year with the possibility to purchase up to 10 extra days.
- Pension plan (pension contribution fully paid for by us, no personal contribution necessary).
Training Budget: 5% of annual gross salary (in addition to your base salary).
Structural WFH Policy: hybrid model with a WFH allowance as well as home office supplies.
- Commuting allowance.
Hardware: a MacBook (Pro or Air) and a mobile phone policy.
Relocation package: Visa sponsorship and a relocation stipe in to be received together with your first paycheck (if you are from outside The Netherlands).
How the hiring process will look like:
- 3 interviews with: HR, your team and the Hiring Manager
Do you want to grow with us and add real value? Join us today!