Payconiq is a mobile payment scale-up which is currently growing a strong presence in the BENELUX region with a rich roadmap to expand across Europe.
We have 95 people on the team and 45 nationalities. It is our mission to become the most wanted mobile payment connection in all of Europe.
We stand for making bold decisions to enhance user experience, being human as that is the real core of our business, doing things simply as life is already complicated enough, keeping it playful, and always staying honest
We are on the lookout for a Scrum Master who will do the following:
- participate in agile product development lifecycles from sprint-planning to retrospective inspired by the Spotify model where you would be serving squads
- create performing and self-organised teams with a clear and engaging direction, to help to identify and resolve organisational impediments
- educate the organisation on Agile Methodologies in never-ending adaption
- work closely with development teams to successfully bringing our products to customers
- use the deep Scrum understanding and knowledge of Lean to guide everybody to discover how they can best contribute to creating the most valuable product.
Your four key focus areas will be:
Team(s) - forming a team, educating and coaching the team(s) in self-management and taking on shared responsibility. When your Team has matured then you as a Scrum Master may take up another team (up to 3 teams).
Product Owner(s) - educating on how a product owner can best use the Product Backlog, facilitation of his/her interaction with the team(s), and being there to help him/her reflect. The Product Owner needs feedback from you as a Scrum Master to validate the direction of the product and to deliver business value in a sustainable way. You, our Scrum Master helps to build up a relationship of trust, equality, and cooperation.
The organisation - being a change agent to structure the organisation that supports a team in producing results.
Engineering culture (development practices) - being aware of what the top-notch modern development practices are and helping to introduce these to the team. The focus on development practices stays high as it will only become harder and harder to improve the teams even further within potential growth of codebases.
- a real people person who naturally knows how to connect and motivate engineers
- system thinker, goal-oriented and comfortable running multiple teams at the same time
- a good sense of empathy, broad shoulders, and thick skin
- substantial experience in the software industry has implemented and led the scrum processes for at least one team
- experience in a dynamic fast-changing work environment
- passion for build high-performing teams
- like to experiment with how to improve productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency
- a focus to make our customers awesome
- the type of person everyone trusts and gets energy from when working together
- enjoys working closely with different stakeholders among the product owner, engineering lead and others up to C-level
- get things done mentality
- solves problems methodically with confidence and with attention to detail
- fully supports when my colleagues challenge the status quo and make suggestions
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- I’m a nice person to hang out with
From what you have read so far, we hope you think Payconiq sounds like a nice place to work. So, if you believe yourself to be a positive-minded person who works well in a team, please apply and let’s get the conversation started.
- Free fruit, tostis, coffee and tea
- Macbook pro + tools to do your job well
- 5% training budget
- Pool, Nintendo Switch, nerf gun battles, table tennis, foosball and pick-up football games
- Friday drinks and snacks
- Summer boat party, end of the year holiday party, hackathons, and more
You can view our culture video and our summer boat event to get to know our culture
Looking forward to hearing from you!