QA Automation Engineer - Backend
Payconiq is a payment company featuring our mobile payments platform which enables partners & merchants to connect via our API’s and consumers via the Payconiq app(s). We facilitate payments via QR code in shops, online, on invoices, and peer to peer. We are steadily growing a strong presence in the BENELUX area and we have a rich roadmap to conquer Europe.
We have 95 people with 40 nationalities on the team and we work together on a daily basis to transform the world of payments. In fact, it is our mission to become the most wanted mobile payment connection in all of Europe.
We stand for making bold decisions to enhance user experience, being human as that is the real core of our business, doing things simply as life is already complicated enough, keeping it playful, and always staying honest.
As a QA Engineer within Payconiq, we expect the following from you:
- Spot, analyse and report bugs
- Implement automated tests using the latest technologies like RestAssured in combination with Cucumber, Java, Kotlin, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Open and honest communication with your squad; java developers, other qa's, po
Participation in planning sessions, retros and sprint reviews
- Act as the QA link between your squad and other squads; in other words, talk to your fellow QA Engineers!
- Ability to think big picture and connect dots where necessary
- Generally being a nice person to work with and having a positive mindset
- 4+ years of experience designing and creating Automated Tests
Backend knowledge; Java programming
- Experience with API testing and internet technologies
- Good communication skills
- It'd be nice if you had experience with CI/CD, RestAssured, and BDD/Cucumber but this is not required
- Daily fresh fruit, tostis, coffee and tea
- Training budget
- Pool, Nintendo Switch, nerf gun battles, ping pong, foosball, Dutch lessons
- Weekly Friday borrel
- Regular company events throughout the year; annual summer boat party, hackathon and holiday party
- Check out our culture video and our summer boat event to learn more about our culture
Ready to apply? Let’s start the conversation!