Legal & Privacy Counsel
We believe that in a digital era, mobile payments should be the norm. At Payconiq, we are building an inclusive payment ecosystem for consumers, merchants, banks, and PSPs. We are here to innovate, simplify, and deliver a seamless payment solution that provides:
- Omnichannel payments with value-added services
- An alternative scheme to cards, using the banks’ existing SCT or SCT Inst payments infrastructure
- A mobile payments experience for anyone owning a smartphone and a bank account
If you are looking to join a small team and make some real impact, read on.
Day to day activities
- Contribute to ensuring compliance of Payconiq with relevant European and local laws and regulations.
- Be involved in the development of new businesses, products, and services, partnerships.
- Maintain Payconiq’s terms & conditions and contracts with third parties/partners.
- Cooperate with risk, compliance, marketing, product development, etc.
- Assist in corporate (law) matters and corporate housekeeping
- Advise on key legal areas such as financial and payments regulations (e.g. PSD2), IT&IP law, corporate law and/or employment law
- Manage external counsel.
- Be pro-active in signaling relevant internal and external developments (e.g. legislation and policies) and trends; translating these into the possible impact for business processes.
- Occasional travel within Benelux may be required.
- Assessing data processing activities within the Payconiq corporate group.
- Conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Providing (ad-hoc) legal advice for privacy-related matters globally, including electronic marketing and security laws.
- Keeping up with new developments in data protection and privacy laws in the EU.
- Implementing and maintaining privacy policies and procedures.
- Crafting and deliver privacy awareness training.
- Negotiating data processing agreements and data protection issues within commercial contracts with third parties.
Hopefully, you tick most of these boxes
- EU University law degree (preferably Dutch)
- Excellent proficiency in Dutch and English (French proficiency is a plus).
- 6 –10 years of experience as in-house counsel or at a law firm, and strong affinity in two or more of the following legal areas: IT&IP law, payment regulations, financial and/or anti-money laundering regulations, corporate law & M&A, employment laws, etc.
- Strong and demonstrable affinity and/or experience with EU data protection and privacy law.
- Relevant experience in a preferably innovative, legal environment related to financial services or (fin)tech.
- Proactive, self-directed, detail-oriented, and able to successfully lead and prioritize multiple projects at once with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and issue-spotting skills, able to explain legal requirements to the business so that they can take their responsibility to manage the non-financial risk framework.
- Able to work in a highly international work environment.
- Remote working
- Training budget (5% of your salary in addition to the base)
- MacBook pro + tools to do your job well
- Free fruit, tostis, coffee and tea when we're not working from home
- Regular company events and (virtual) borrels throughout the year; (remote) hackathons as well as bowling, boat parties, holiday parties, etc.
- Check out our videos on our career page to get to know our culture better