Payconiq is a payment company that is currently growing a strong presence in the BENELUX region with big goals to expand across Europe.
We’re a 110 person fintech scaleup with 40 nationalities who works together on a daily basis to become a trusted partner and lead in smart processing and payment solutions across Europe.
We are on the lookout for a Financial Controller who loves all Finance activities. We expect you to have at least 5 years of experience and (ideally) experience with allround Finance.
How we work at Payconiq:
- We try our best to exhibit the following people values: transparency, collaboration, ownership, adaptability to change, and excellence.
- Ever-evolving; we’re always raising the bar higher than it was yesterday.
Approachable, kind, smart people in all departments.
- Open to new ideas and cutting-edge tech, and of course, Hackathons.
- We love training and you get to choose how you will spend your 5% training budget; which is in addition to your salary.
Cross-functional teams; product owners, scrum masters, and QA's on every team.
Are you someone who gets the job done? Is good-natured, analytical and detail oriented? As Financial Controller at Payconiq you will play a critical role in our growth strategy. You will report directly to the head of finance and will act as a business partner. You will be part of a company with an international working culture, with the spirit of a fast growing dynamic scale-up. This means that you will be working in a small team where you can really make impact. Since they are currently in this phase, there is plenty of space to improve things as well as set up things yourself; which makes this the perfect role for an entrepreneurial, proactive self-starter. Are you ready to challenge yourself and keep improving your skill set? Then we are looking for you!
- Register and analyze all financial information (balance, P&L and Cashflow) of their 3 entities in NL and Luxemburg.
- Improve existing accounting processes, adapting them for new products and technologies
- Report correct and reliable financial data to our management, shareholder and regulator
- Continuously work on controlling topics like improvements, forecasting, cost control deep dives, long term planning and business cases.
- Stakeholder management with accountants, related companies, clients and vendors, Tax authorities, regulator, shareholders and steering board.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our dynamic organization, providing support for Finance when required
The ideal candidate has:
- Master’s degree in business administration/finance/economics
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the area of controlling but you also feel comfortable in the (financial) accounting
- Experience in financial services/ payments industry/ fintech/ midsized company is a plus
- Superior administration and organizational skills; you are precise and detail oriented
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel. Exact is a plus
- Able to quickly learn new technologies/applications
- Good communicator; you are able to work in a team
- Ability to deliver quality output under high time-pressure
- Must be able to work self-directed and be proactive
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Dutch
If you like what you’ve read, you love helping people and believe yourself to be a positive-minded person, feel free to apply and let’s get the conversation started.
Not sold just yet? Have a peek at some nice perks:
- Free fruit, tostis, coffee and tea at the office
- Hardware to do your job well
- Friday drinks and snacks
- When possible, summer boat party, end of the year holiday party, and more
- + Check out our videos on the career page to get to know our culture
What the process will look like from here:
Looking forward to learning about your experience!