We believe that in a digital era, mobile payments should be the norm. At Payconiq, we are building an inclusive payment ecosystem for consumers, merchants, banks and PSPs. We are here to innovate, simplify, and deliver a seamless payment solution that provides:
- Omnichannel payments with value-added services
- An alternative scheme to cards, using the banks’ existing SCT or SCT Inst payments infrastructure
- A mobile payments experience for anyone owning a smartphone and a bank account
Our ecosystem is expanding rapidly, with more and more banks, acquirers, PSPs and large retailers integrating with our platform.
We are looking for a Compliance Officer to analyse, implement and advise on regulations applicable to financial institutions especially payment institutions. This role plays an important part in the successful growth of Payconiq. We need someone with a critical mind, who will work together with the business, risk and audit. We have a pro-active approach on recognising legal & compliance risk, risk-based investigations and sharing knowledge.
What you’ll do as Compliance Officer:
- Partnering with internal- and external stakeholders to ensure Payconiq is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations
- Contact person for the CSSF on regulatory matters
- Drafting and preparing documentation for authorization, license etc.
- Educating and providing consultative advice and trainings on various regulations
- Researching, evaluating and communicating changes to laws
- Creating, reviewing, and revising compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Advising executives on areas of existing and emerging risks
- Managing and drafting reports on Payconiq audits (internal and external audits)
- Performing Customer Due Diligence (second line)
- Performing Quality assurance and ensuring the data quality of the CDD files
- Managing projects related to AML
- Performing risk assessments and gap analysis regarding policies and procedures;
Providing legal support:
- Review contracts, participate in drafting GTC, privacy statement, legal translation
- Performed trade register fillings
Hopefully, you tick most of these boxes
- Academic Law degree
- Experience in the financial and payment industry
- Broad legal knowledge of a.o. corporate law & M&A, Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Prevention Act (AML/WWFT). Sanctions regulations, Payment Service Directive (2), Data Protection laws (WBP/GDPR) & Competition laws
- Knowledge of IT security, affinity with a fintech and/or innovative environment is a must
- Proactive, self-directed, detail-oriented and able to successfully lead and prioritize multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication and issue-spotting skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is essential
What we offer?
- Energetic, international colleagues who share a common mission
- The best tools to do your work
- Regular team building events
- Lunch voucher, fruit, and of course, coffee and tea
Sound like a nice place to work? We think so too! If you like what you’ve read (and yes we like the details), feel free to apply and let’s get the conversation started.